The Canadian Foreign Policy Journal (CFPJ) is seeking submissions for its 28th volume, to be published in 2022/23.
CFPJ is a fully peer-reviewed interdisciplinary journal published by the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs (NPSIA) at Carleton University, Canada. Readers include government officials, academics, students of international affairs, journalists, NGOs, and the private sector. Established in 1992, CFPJ is now Canada’s leading journal of international affairs.
Recent issues have focused on:
- Trade and International Economic Policymaking
- Humanitarian Emergencies and Interventions
- Development and International Aid
- Diplomacy and International Public Policy
- Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding
- Global Governance and International Institutions
- Identity Politics and Social Movements
- International Migration and Refugees
- Human Rights and Social Justice
- Gender Politics and Feminist Foreign Policy
- Conflict and Crisis Management
- History of Foreign Policy
- Populism, Nationalism, Illiberalism
- Elections and Foreign Policy
- Corruption and Foreign Policy
The call for papers is aimed at emerging and junior scholars, meaning senior PhD candidates and graduates, as well as Assistant Professors in the early stages of their academic career. Abstracts submitted to the Journal should be original contributions and are subject to rigorous peer review. With occasional exceptions, the editors prioritize articles based on empirically grounded research using strong quantitative and/or qualitative social science research methods. When submitting, please indicate clearly if the article is under consideration by another publisher.
Full articles: 6000-7000 words.
Policy Commentaries: short policy briefings engaging key topics in international policy, 1500- 2000 words.
Book reviews: 1000 word maximum for single reviews, 2500 for multi-book review.
To begin the submission process: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/rcfp.
For Author Guidelines: http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rcfp20/current.
To submit a proposal for a guest edited thematic issue: https://www.tandf.co.uk//journals/cfp/rcfpcfpguide.pdf.
Please email inquiries to David Carment, Editor (email@example.com) with the subject heading: “CFPJ – Call for submissions.”
View PDF version here.